I take my New Year resolutions extremely seriously. I know that the calendar is a human creation and all that, but I still love this shit. I enjoy looking back on my life, memories and decisions, so I make sure to write everything down each year. I highly recommend writing everything in the same book in order to be able to track your progress. Believe me; it’s easy to forget all the great things you have done if you don’t document it. Also, when you’ll be crying that you are a failure in a few months since life is stressful, it is quite comforting to be able to read about your own successes.
Also, I am proud to say that this is my first year that I have made no resolutions regarding my physical appearance. Over the past year, I have realized that it is no longer a priority for me. I am now confident that on my death bed you won’t hear me say things such as “I really should have lost 20 pounds in 2017” or “I really destroyed my life in 2017 because my ass wasn’t firm enough”.
Anyway, here are my 10 resolutions for 2017 and hopefully, it will inspire you to set yours. ,
Oh and little disclaimer! I am a firm believer that it is completely normal to fail some resolutions. Goals are set accordingly to your priorities and those can change at any time. So don’t be hard on yourself if you drop one faster than expected.
- Successfully complete my first year of school. I am finally going back to school after a long 2-year break and I am very excited for this program. I know it is going to be hard, but I am determined to see bad times as challenges and grow from them.
- Start living by a plant based diet by the summer. I have tried this one in 2016 and let just say it was not a success. Yep. I have a tendency to comfort myself with food. However, I still managed to reduce my consummation of animal products and I believe that I will be able to no longer eat them in 2017!
- Move in with my boyfriend and do my best for things to work out great. In 2017, I simply want us to not forget to have date nights and laugh. I hope we will be able to compromise and communicate when conflicts arise and that we will always choose love.
- Stand up for myself loudly! Even though I have a strong character, I hate aggression and conflicts, which often leads to me simply walk away from a bad situation. Or worse, I will even apologize to end the conflict faster. So, no more of that please.
- Keep working on my anxiety. In 2016 I have made incredible progress in this regard. However, I know, my anxiety is still there and I need to make sure to take care of mental health daily.
- Take care of current relationships. I want to make sure to stay connected with people that are far from me. Also, even when things get busy, I want to still make time to spend quality time with the people I love.
- Make at least one new real friend. Even though I have a few good friends already, I still want to expand my social horizon and meet new people. However, I am quite picky when it comes to calling someone my friend and I hope I will meet people with who I truly connect in 2017.
- Do my 365 project on Instagram and on this blog. I think I have talked about this enough by now!
- Start to learn Spanish. Since December, I have been taking online courses and I want to learn it mostly in order to connect with more people when I will have the money to travel and do humanitarian work. I would love to be able to have a small conversation in Spanish by 2018.
- HAVE FUN AND BE HAPPY! Even though I have big challenges coming my way in 2017, I don’t want to forget to have fun and party once in a while. I want to say yes to more opportunities and get out of my comfort zone. Lastly, I want to stay more positive, laugh all the time and be happy!
What are your resolutions?
- This picture is from this New Year. We were walking in the Old Port after the firework still figuring out where we will end up spending the rest of the night.